Thursday, March 02, 2006

Tribute To A Star

Jack Wild was born on Sept. 30th 1952. He was discovered by June Collins mother of Phil Collins. He went on to play Oliver in the play Oliver and then was cast as The Artful Dodger in the film version of "Oliver," He also was a star of a Saturday Morning classic H R Pufnstuf where he played Jimmy, everyweek he treated us to a song and a dance and plenty of laughs. he also did films like "Melody," and "Flight Of the Doves" unfortunately he went on to a life of problems and had a brief come back in the Kevin Costner film Robing Hood Prince Of Thieves. ...in 2004 cancer was the cause of the removal of part of his vocal chords and tongue,,,unfortunately it was untreatable and we lost him today March 1 2006. Jack Wild will always be a wonderful memory for me. I adored this actor and with the recent success of Mark Lester, was just now deciding to try finding a address for Jack where I could tell him how much I adored him. Jack was only 53 and he will be missed................ Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Kajun Beth said...

Such a loss of celebrities this week. He will be greatly missed. Ironically, I just finished watching the "HR Pufnstuf" series on DVD with my kids...a little bit of reminiscing going on I think...hehehe. I wanted to show my kids the joys of our childhood.

4:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home